By Chalmer E Faw
Chalmer E. Faw brings Acts to existence for our day. He blends thorough biblical scholarship with knowledge from broad and sundry adventure in missionary paintings and Bible educating. His cautious exposition of the booklet of Acts is supplemented with literary and theological discussion.
The key observe in Acts is witness for Jesus Christ, from Jerusalem to the ends of the earth. God's Spirit anoints the church at Pentecost, leads believers in dealing with conflicts among converts new and outdated, and empowers Christians to beat fake ideals and magic. In Acts, Luke tells this dramatic tale with sophisticated humor.
Read or Download Acts (Believer's Church Bible Commentary) PDF
Best christian reference books
Many of us have discovered The People’s Bible to be the main trustworthy Bible statement sequence released. It’s the laypeople’s Bible—down to earth, basically written, effortless to learn and comprehend, packed with sensible and modern purposes. every one quantity comprises that book’s entire textual content from the NIV Bible.
The publication of Proverbs is a cornucopia of useful knowledge on various issues. The insights and truths lined during this publication of historical Hebrew knowledge literature run the gamut together with the character of actual knowledge and realizing, vices and virtues, relationships and roles, priorities, making plans for the long run, the best way to converse, and the way to control one's assets.
For individuals within the place of work, there's a good deal to profit from Joseph within the booklet of Genesis. He hung out either on the most sensible and on the bottom—as a pace-setter and as a slave in Egypt. during this new e-book approximately religion and paintings, writer Albert M. Erisman stocks classes discovered from the frontlines of commercial, govt, and schooling, and the way they hook up with Joseph’s existence.
In his research of the Greek textual content of one Peter, Mark Dubis presents scholars with an obtainable consultant via essentially the most tough syntactic demanding situations of the Greek language. Introducing readers to the newest advancements in grammatical and linguistic scholarship, Dubis comprises an summary of Greek observe order and the development of heart voice.
- Seeing His Days: A Treatise on the Seven One-Thousand Year Days of Redemption Based Upon the Complete Chronology of the Old Testament
- Death and Resurrection: The Shape and Function of a Literary Motif in the Book of Acts
- Wonderful Counselor: The Story of Revelation, Redemption, and the Return of Jesus Christ
- Honour of Kings 3:The Time of the End
- Christ the Ideal King: Cultural Context, Rhetorical Strategy, and the Power of Divine Monarchy in Ephesians (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Ancient Israel (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion)
Additional resources for Acts (Believer's Church Bible Commentary)
Acts (Believer's Church Bible Commentary) by Chalmer E Faw